Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:34 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
nah discontinued

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:41 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
e manage is a piggy back, it's good up to a point, just like safc's, but it tends to be a bit limited overall and typically the tune is a bit of a compromise. the ultimate is a big step up from the old blue nugget but still not as good as a stand alone.

pfc is a stand alone. you have full control over the fuel and ignition maps as well as your vct kick in point, temerature corrections, idle control and a heap of other little things. much better bit of kit.

pfc is the only true stand alone plug in ecu that supports the afm which is a shame.

Have you considered retro fitting an s13 ecu and loom and running a daughter board with separate vct controller?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:42 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Have a look at the PFC Djetro if you have bought yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:43 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
182Go wrote:
Have a look at the PFC Djetro if you have bought yet.

Dont do this

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:46 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
scared off by the map sensor or have you heard bad things?, because I have only heard raves about them (but then again they are NS raves).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:46 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
more map sensor nuggets

http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/ ... 0jp&mode=1

hooray for yahoo, there are 4 s14 pfc's listed

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n54112289 and a pro version! mmm ignition cut rev limit, drools. launch control too :D

Last edited by badhairdave on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:48 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I have worked with MAP sensed cars, and understand the theory behind MAP vs MAF.

MAF (afm) wins hands down every time.

ns is full of morons. Ignore what they have to say

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:56 pm 
T66

badhairdave wrote:

Have you considered retro fitting an s13 ecu and loom and running a daughter board with separate vct controller?

i'd prefer something a little less complex!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:18 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
badhairdave wrote:
pfc = good
emange (and haltech) = poo

more like emanage (and haltech) = poo for brains if ya put either into your street car, or if you got the emanage youre probably a bit of a tight ass ;)

182Go wrote:
scared off by the map sensor or have you heard bad things?, because I have only heard raves about them (but then again they are NS raves).

yeah I m scared of putting crap into and/or keeping it in my street car(had a microtech before, illegal drag racing and dyno queen showboating are some of the few reasons why I think anyone would even consider having a map sensor in a street car)

badhairdave wrote:
more map sensor nuggets

http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/ ... 0jp&mode=1

hooray for yahoo, there are 4 s14 pfc's listed

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n54112289 and a pro version! mmm ignition cut rev limit, drools. launch control too :D

The Pfc Pro version is good for the extra rice points, thats why I got it for my car, and getting it for a good price swayed me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:43 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 200SX
182Go wrote:

LOL @ ns.com Sif you believe anythin posted there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:50 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: type X 180
ill back the PFC on this one.

Ive had an EMS dual sport in my last s14 and it was a piece of crap. It used a MAP sensor and it ever ran as well as it could... it may have been the age of the ecu or the firmware, but one problems i had was the plugs fouling whenever you drove normally around town. It cleared out after giving a bit of full throttle, which indicates it would be ok for drag applications (The tune was done to afr 13.5 - 12).

If you order a powerfc online you can get them new for about 900 bucks with a hand controller.
Dont know what the availability is like for an s14, but you should be able to get something 2nd hand at least. Not to mention its plug and play so you dont need to pay for a day of wiring labour like a full ecu... from my limited knowledge, unless your chasing massive power or chasing seconds on a track id try to find a power fc.
Failing that (or if you want more options) an entry-mid level Autronic is the next best pick (again this is just my opinion), as they have auto tuning to get a base map which cuts down tune times a fair bit. Apparently a lot more ecus are coming out with this feature.

Just make sure you look at all your options and consider full setup cost as well as cost of the ecu itself. It all ads up quickly once you put labour and roller time into the equation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:43 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
power fc or a daughterboard in the std ecu are the best options.

as has been said already,hotwire AFMs are the most accurate way of load sensing.
MAP is fine for drag racing where you're primarily at WOT,or for NA cars with intakes that don't allow an AFM to be easily intergrated (i.e. quad throttled RWD 4AGE). RPM and the TPS become your primary load inputs,with the MAP working on mostly light throttle openings.
with the much wider variance in airflow in relation to throttle position and rpm in a turbo engine compared to a simple NA 4 potter,a MAP just doesn't have enough resolution to give as smooth nor as easily tunable a result as the AFM gives.

emissions levels are lower,and an engine generally runs smoother,and more economically using a hot wire AFM.

I haven't gotten around to posting it up yet,but I have a brand new Z32 AFM sitting here if you want that as well as the injectors Liz. pm me if you still want them to arrange a pickup.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:26 pm 
T66

i found a powerfc! I didn't think i'd be able to given they don't make them for my model of engine anymore! I paid 1400 for a new one, well, I will... i only just hit the "buy it now" button off ebay..... given they are hard to come by, that's not soo bad is it?

I just need to get the information about wiring off someone to make it work for an aus engine, and I'll be laughing!

thanks Justin, I'll drop you a reply by pm!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:15 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
if you're running an S14 S1 loom,the FC bolts straight in,and works out of the box.

if it's S2,you need to swap around the fuel pump pins,and something else that I can't remember atm.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:57 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: type X 180
Liz wrote:
i found a powerfc! I didn't think i'd be able to given they don't make them for my model of engine anymore! I paid 1400 for a new one, well, I will... i only just hit the "buy it now" button off ebay..... given they are hard to come by, that's not soo bad is it?

I just need to get the information about wiring off someone to make it work for an aus engine, and I'll be laughing!

thanks Justin, I'll drop you a reply by pm!

Good to hear! I think most people will agree its the best choice for 99% of applications.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next