Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:33 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
What did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I'm giving serious consideration to a 52 trim version atm which should provide a touch more top end, better transient response, with lower boost threshold than my current setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:49 am 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
badhairdave wrote:
What did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I'm giving serious consideration to a 52 trim version atm which should provide a touch more top end, better transient response, with lower boost threshold than my current setup.

I am reasonable sure the first 2 on the comparision list (48 + 52 trim) are the modded T2 housing jobs. Check the size of the turbine wheel.

I got a really good deal from Morrie at HPINABOX

Turbo, blanket, 30m of the good exhaust wrap (graphite impreg) and exhaust flange for $2080

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:31 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

There's a small batch being made up with t3 turbines apparently due around march next year. Dunno all the ins and outs of it yet.

Thats not a bad deal either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:03 pm 
Token Old Guy

There is no doubt is will be slightly more laggy than most of the T2 based turbos (the larger A/R T2s may still be laggier) but when it comes on power it does so quite strongly. I have seen a few dyno sheets and they have very strong mid and top end. I am playing with the idea of adding a SC14 for some bottom end poke that cuts out when sufficient boost has been reached.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

lol.

You're really going to be struggling for space then :lol: I'm very interested to see how the 56 trim goes on a 2L none the less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:43 pm 
Token Old Guy

badhairdave wrote:
lol.

You're really going to be struggling for space then :lol: I'm very interested to see how the 56 trim goes on a 2L none the less.

I found a few threads of people half attempting it, KOS! posted a few mock up photos and I think with my new top mount manifold there may be enough room for both of them. Of course the AC has to go and the power steer would have to be relocated.

A new alternator / power steer bracket would probably be in order. But I was thinking about trying to move the power steer canister anyway because it get hot where it is. I need to mod the lines anyway because the new radiator may foul the factory lines, so it might be worth my while moving the PS while I am at it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:55 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

If it's the setup i'm thinking of it's been doing the rounds for years. I think i originally saw it when TMB had it about 5 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:00 pm 
Token Old Guy

badhairdave wrote:
If it's the setup i'm thinking of it's been doing the rounds for years. I think i originally saw it when TMB had it about 5 years ago.

Yeah I think KOS! may have got it from TMB. KOS! sold it to make way for other stuff but the idea is still fairly sound. I think I would replicate the bracket in alloy instead of steel. But the SC14 has a clutched front so when it hit enough RPM or boost it cuts out and lets the turbo take over.

Obviously with so many changes I would sort out the turbo only first but it is something to consider for a future project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:55 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
those mock up photos were actually on my engine :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:25 pm 
Token Old Guy

DumHed wrote:
those mock up photos were actually on my engine :P

I think KOS! said he got the bracket from you but I assumed the photos were of his engine since he posted the thread. Hasn't that combo passed through the hands of half the people on the forum? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm 
Takumi

he got the whole setup from me, and I got it from TMB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:54 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 200SX
Hey nice pics 180Go.

What manifold are you using with this? Btw I hear Garrett are releasing a 52 trim of the GT3076R so that would be interesting indeed as it would be a slightly better match to the GT30 turbine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:33 am 
Token Old Guy

Busky2k wrote:
Hey nice pics 180Go.

What manifold are you using with this? Btw I hear Garrett are releasing a 52 trim of the GT3076R so that would be interesting indeed as it would be a slightly better match to the GT30 turbine.

Yeah someone else mentioned that to me recently. Should be interesting to see the difference between the 52 and 56 Trim.

Liverpool Exhaust are making the exhaust manifold for me, it may even be semi finished today. I went there yersterday to make sure every thing was right before they finally weld it all up.

I think this one is going to be a winner. I have kept all the runners as short as possible. They are all very close to even length and there are no nasty sharp bend.

It will look a lot like those cheap and nasty stainless top mounts but it will be made out of 4mm steam pipe and it wont have that massive T3/T4 flange they put on, nor will it have that huge plenum area under the flange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:11 am 
Takumi

There are a fair few of those cheap stainless top mount manifolds that have been working perfectly well for quite a while you know :)

like this one: http://www.tuneagent.com.au/public/merchandise/ViewItem.aspx?id=11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:23 am 
Token Old Guy

The one I am getting made up has much shorter runners than that one. And will look a lot nicer made if the previous one is anything to go off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next