Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:23 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 200SX
I didn't think you'd recommend Fleabay quality manifolds dumhed! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:41 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
some are good, some are bad.
That particular one worked fine on the drift car all year, and I've seen others with no problems.
I'm yet to see one of the original SS Autochrome manifolds crack, so I'd be happy using one of those too.

I have seen plenty of steampipe ones crack (including my own) so I find it hard to recommend spending three times the money on something that does the same job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:49 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
DumHed wrote:
I'm yet to see one of the original SS Autochrome manifolds crack, so I'd be happy using one of those too.

I have seen plenty of steampipe ones crack (including my own) so I find it hard to recommend spending three times the money on something that does the same job.

yeap ss autochrome user here, never had a problem.

at the temps the manifolds reach, i think anything will crack if it has to support a significant weight or takes any stress from excess movement.

Last edited by mokompri on Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:39 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
it's not 3 times as much it's not even twice as much it's only $300 dearer. The reason I like the steam pipe is that the under bonnet temps are way down. I am not particularly fond of that tarnished chrome look either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:02 am 
Quad T66

heat wrap the manifold.. i would heat wrap a steam pipe one as well anyways

btw theres good manifolds selling for $180 these days, so $300 dearer is already twice as much :P but with the size of your turbo i would go custom as well. gets pics of manifold up when you can !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:27 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 200SX
Yeah I've seen those SSA "copy" T3 manifolds on eBay for $180. For that price its tempting to buy as a test mule! But I wonder if the copies are dodgy... I've had a proper SSA manifold before and it worked well for the 2 years I had it.

Hey 180Go how long before its all on and tuned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:23 pm 
Quad T66

the ones im talking about are the ones the sponsor GKTECH sells on ns.com, not sure if its the same one your talking about but he does sell on ebay as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:25 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Nice turbo. when are you dropping it off at my place so it can go onto my wagon? it'll suit an RB25 nicely. :P

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:25 am 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
as soon as he realises the current turbo isnt big enough for his modest expectations :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:45 am 
Token Old Guy

Nismodified wrote:
as soon as he realises the current turbo isnt big enough for his modest expectations :)

ROTFLMAO :lol:

If it's not big enough now that is just bloody bad luck because it's not getting a bigger one!

Busky2k wrote:
Hey 180Go how long before its all on and tuned?

As soon as slack arsed suppliers pull their finger out, Garrett took nearly 3 months to deliver. The people Liverpool got to make the extra thick header flange took nearly 2 months. PWR have been far and away the worse for commincation and delays, I should hopefully have the IC by late Jan.

Just been in contact with Liverpool and they have just informed me their main welder who is doing the job won't be back until mid Jan... I can't seem to take a trick :(

Last edited by 182Go on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:30 am 
Quad T66

182Go wrote:
PWR have been far and away the worse for commincation and delays, I should hopefully have the IC by late Jan.

thats pathetic turn around time - even if you ordered it now, is it a water to air setup ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:38 am 
Token Old Guy

mokompri wrote:
182Go wrote:
PWR have been far and away the worse for commincation and delays, I should hopefully have the IC by late Jan.

thats pathetic turn around time - even if you ordered it now, is it a water to air setup ?

Air to air, they had a backlog of work leading into the break, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. There is no communication.

You don't get told anything until it is way too late. i.e they mucked up one of the specs on the radiator which was no big deal, but I needed them to modify a spare water neck I sent them to get it to work.

I had to send the radiator back to put some bits on they had left off. I got the water neck back with the radiator unmodified with zero days left to get the job done else where.

They said they couldn't do it. I could have had the job done locally if they told me a week earlier. I certainly wouldn't recommend them on customer service.

Having said that the quality of the work is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:50 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
Hey paul, just out of curiosity, when exactly did your whole 'turbo/engine' project start and when should it all be completed by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:18 am 
Token Old Guy

BHAPPY wrote:
Hey paul, just out of curiosity, when exactly did your whole 'turbo/engine' project start and when should it all be completed by?

Been off the road for over 3 months now (since I got back from holidays in Sept) took me all of I think one day to fix the blown head gasket. The rest of the time I have been waiting on suppliers to get their shit together.

Looking like late Jan maybe early Feb back on the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:43 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
I certainly know what its like waiting for suppliers to get their crap together! Im waiting for some bits and pieces myself! Im not going to mention any names, I guess crap happens, to suppliers as well, I just hope they deliver, and no one gets ripped off! I hate how long these projects take.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next