Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:39 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Busky2k wrote:
If the 3071R was the T2 flanged one then no wonder it performed pretty badly. Although I'm suprised the 3037 (and if it was the "S") didn't make more power but then again it depends on what trim and A/R the 3037 was configured for. Most dyno charts I've seen you get well over 1 bar at 4000rpm.

Also remember HKS's T2 flanged housing A/R of the 3037 is not the same as to Garretts GT T3 flanged turbos "GT3076R" as HKS's is a full custom job.

Yes it seems to spool quite nicely. I didn't realise that the HKS only had a T2 flange. Would be nice if they brought the T3 3071 into Australia but apperently they only bring in two T2 models.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: 200SX
Yeah its interesting why HKS chose a T2 flange even though its a external gate design. Who knows, but a few people have said their turbine housing design is very good. You can get it in the T3 flange in the "Pro S" internal gate configuration however!

Hey Dumhed what config of the 3037 did you drive? What I've noticed is that the 3037 is like a lightswitch response and not progressive like the GT28 based turbos. You'll get say 1.2bar of boost at 4000rpm but nothing at 3000rpm, where as a GT-RS will give you 0.5bar at 3000rpm and 1.2bar at 4000rpm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:47 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
it was a T3 housing, external gate, 4 bolt outlet - same as the 3071 on the drift car.
I found it was still quite progressive, just really slow to come on boost, but that was probably due to no boost controller so the wastegate started to open fairly early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:15 am 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
DumHed wrote:
it was a T3 housing, external gate, 4 bolt outlet - same as the 3071 on the drift car.
I found it was still quite progressive, just really slow to come on boost, but that was probably due to no boost controller so the wastegate started to open fairly early.

Something not quite right there the dyno sheet I looked at shows it makes boost reasonably quick and then held it all the way to redline. From about 5500 to 7500 was nearly a flat line.