Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:33 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Yes radiator and intercooler are close to the top of the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm 
T51

Car: gonneee
can the engine surport 25 psi, with just say HKS step 1 cams, and the mods like injectors ecu ect,

how can you make the head flow even more, wat needs to be done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 pm 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
DumHed wrote:
I wouldn't push it much more than that, but plenty of people run well into the 90s without issues.
\

mine is maxing out at 98% inj duty cycle at 20psi

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:24 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
what size injectors you running 182Go ?

im hitting ~74% duty cycle on 740cc's when i hit max voltage of 4.4 on z32 afm @ ~1.4bar/20psi

i wouldnt want to go over 90% duty cycle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:07 pm 
Token Old Guy

Still running the stock injectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:54 pm 
Quad T66

forget radiator for now and put it into some injectors then !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:07 pm 
Token Old Guy

mokompri wrote:

Kind of pointless at the moment, because I still want to go gas down the track. I was just trying to gauge if I was stepping over the mark, but it seems that others are running higher %, so I don't need to panic.

Obviously if I put much more boost I will find that limit quickly, but without cams the turbo is putting out 100% of what it can anyway.

I am also getting clutch slip so no point to making more power at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:20 pm 
Quad T66

182Go wrote:
mokompri wrote:

Kind of pointless at the moment, because I still want to go gas down the track. I was just trying to gauge if I was stepping over the mark, but it seems that others are running higher %, so I don't need to panic.

Obviously if I put much more boost I will find that limit quickly, but without cams the turbo is putting out 100% of what it can anyway.

I am also getting clutch slip so no point to making more power at the moment.

oh the gas plans.. i doubt the turbo is maxed out at 15psi though, infact it definately shouldnt be, even with stock cams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:22 pm 
Token Old Guy

Well boost controller is on 100% so there is no more left in it. Could be the manifold everyone hates causing the restriction, I am guessing there is a few pounds in the IC hiding there somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:56 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
There's definately a restriction somewhere based on your boost level and your injector duty.

Stock intercooler is probably the prime candidate causing a restriction in the inlet that limits the flow to the turbine blah blah repeating cycle bullshit. It's easy enough to check boost before and after the stock cooler to find out if it's a restriction.

I doubt the inlet manifold is causing a restriction, and i don't think the exhaust will be hurting it that much either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:42 pm 
Token Old Guy

badhairdave wrote:
There's definately a restriction somewhere based on your boost level and your injector duty.

Stock intercooler is probably the prime candidate causing a restriction in the inlet that limits the flow to the turbine blah blah repeating cycle bullshit. It's easy enough to check boost before and after the stock cooler to find out if it's a restriction.

I doubt the inlet manifold is causing a restriction, and i don't think the exhaust will be hurting it that much either

Agreed... although the manifold may not be optimal as far as performance goes it shouldn't really pose much of an issue as far as flow goes. The fact that it spools very quickly (compared to stock) I don't think there is any masive restriction in the exhaust either.

which only really leaves the stock pipes and intercooler. SF made some custom pipe to fit the standard system.

The right angle silicon bend that comes off the turbo has a small kink in it (where the pipes didn't line up properly) so they just over bent (less than 90 degrees) the hose to the point it has a kink. I wouldn't be supprised if this is half the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:45 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
It's definately a possibility. You'd still have the stock diameter small piping into and out of the cooler which wouldn't help much either but would be great for low end response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:59 am 
Token Old Guy

badhairdave wrote:
It's definately a possibility. You'd still have the stock diameter small piping into and out of the cooler which wouldn't help much either but would be great for low end response.

In side is fine, stainless full size pipe (about 90mm) into turbo with a K&N pod filter. It's the out side that is where I figure the restriction is. Out of the turbo it has the kinked hose then into a stainless bit that connects to hose that goes through the gaurd.

From this point forward is all stock. Once I remove the stock IC and piping I figure this will sort out some of the boost restriction.

I really cant afford to put any more boost in it anyway at this point. The more I refine the tune the more injection time I am putting into the full boost settings. I might run out of fuel to get the right AFR so I might even need to back the boost off a bit for the time being.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:33 am 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
have a look when you pull the stock piping off - it goes down to about 1" internal diameter in the plastic pipe just after the cooler!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:23 pm 
Token Old Guy

That nasty plastic pipe that runs across the top of the radiator doesn't inspire any confidence either.

Just curious once I have the outlet running cleanly into an FMIC will this make it spool faster or slower?

I am increasing the volume betwen the turbo and the intake but I am also removing the restriction...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next