Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:48 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
Nismodified wrote:
Arkhaeon wrote:
Who else would be stupid enough to waste money on a boat anchor? :lol:

badhaird....

:P

but it's a big boat anchor......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:00 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 93 B13 NX-R
watched one pull 250 rwkw today while havin a mates bov installed. usin an s15 turbo.

smile guys, its just an engine unfortunately not enough people understand enough about engines to call one good or not. dont bother criticising something u dont understand. ur only prooving ur ignorance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:23 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
250rwkw with an s15 turbo on a CA?

Don't talk to me or anyone else here about ignorance if you believe that figure. Do some research, find out what an s15 turbo can flow and then come back and retract that stupid statement.

Or better yet, post it up on NS.com because some idiot might beleive it.

While i have nothing in particular against CA's, SR's (or RB's even) it has been shown time and time again in back to back comparisons at dyno nights held by this club and others that an SR will make more power mod for mod than a CA, will have more midrange torque than a CA, and will be a hell of a lot more reliable when putting out a decent amount of power.

Razor made about 200 at the hubs with a turbo very close to an s15 turbo, though it pinged it's tits off at random times, and wasn't a bad car to drive. Unfortunatley it was unreliable as fuck.

I'm not saying they can't make a nice amount of power and feel nice on the road, because they can and do. But have a think before posting ridiculous figures, do you know many s15's making 250rwkw on a stock turbo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:14 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I suggest you sit back for a while on the forums reading some discussion about these topics before coming on and telling us we don't know anything about engines and are ignorant

I can guarantee I have more experience with CA's, SR's and RB's than you do, and have seen alot more cars on real dynos (not ones that make the figure that you ask the owner to get), so any comments on make on the merits of each engine are quite valid.

I don't want to flame you as some of your posts in other threads show you have a little common sense, but i think you may beleive too much of what stupid people tell you

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:46 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: MX83 Cressida
Found this via Google

S13 CA18DET 176rwkw unknown psi

List of Mods

Garrett front mount Intercooler
Cold Air Intake Mod to Stock Airbox
Oil/Air Seperator
EPROM ECU
T28BB Turbo
440cc Injectors
RB20DET AFM

Another rwd CA18 on google

192.39rwkw on 10 psi on 95 ron

List of Mods
JE 84mm Pistons 8.5 CR
Crower Rods
Total Seal Rings
Tomei 260* 8.8 PROCAMS
Tomei valve Springs and Cam Gears,
HKS 1.6mm HG
Turbonetics T3/T04E 50T w/ .63 A/R stage 3 turbine
Deltagate,
550 cc Injectors
Walbro,
XS intercooler
Haltech E6K
Manual boost controller

Another S13 CA18DET

247rwkw on 14psi

List Of Mods:

1 internally stock CA18DET
SDS EM-3F engine management system
4 MSD 72lb/hr injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Custom turbo manifold
T3/T04E stage III turbo .60 A/R and .48 exhaust housing
Custom bar and plate intercooler
Greddy Type R BOV
Blitz dual SBC boost controller and turbo timer

Also jap mob called Garage Pady have a CA S13 that made 650hp atw... (thanks to google)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:03 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
so youre believing what some random typed on the internet over the flow graphs garret gives out? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:52 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: MX83 Cressida
It just shows that the CA needs more than a T28 to get it really going... Like the SR...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:15 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
shadowR wrote:
watched one pull 250 rwkw today while havin a mates bov installed. usin an s15 turbo.

smile guys, its just an engine unfortunately not enough people understand enough about engines to call one good or not. dont bother criticising something u dont understand. ur only prooving ur ignorance.

Dude ignorance and understanding? I can rebuild engines can you? I work on cars all day long do you? I and meny other people on this forum have done every mod myself do you? There are a fair few of us on here that are mechanics. And its not just a engine so many engines are different to each other so many work in different ways

If there is one thing mechanics hate its people that dont have a stage 3 thinking they know more about cars than you. There are some people that arn't mechanics that do stuff them selves and thats cool just dont like what ShadowR said not dissing any one else Some of you guys know way more than me about silvia's.

By the way I know a bloke pulling about 210 rwkw but its a dog to drive on the road and has been said many many time befor mod for mod a SR is a beter engine than a CA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:40 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Its funny, ill tell you now the CA is in fact INFERIOR to the SR. Despite what you read on the net or told be various people. From an engineering point of view it is infact poor. Yes the valve train may be a little better, its no where near as good everywhere else.

Im not doing a CA vrs SR write up but ill tell you straight im possibly the most experianced on this forum with both engines and nissans in general.
There are VERY few people around that id talk to when im stuck but beleive it or not T_M_B and BHdave are two of them. Although they are not qualified nor spent any time in the trade they know their shit and you would be foolish to dismise their oppinions.

A CA with a T28 will not make 250Kw unless its doctored by the opperator.
Which is not really hard to do.

Quote:

Im can be extremely ignorant at times and ill admit it but that does not change the fact that CA's are rubbish.
If you were impressed by a CA running stock boost you really need to go for a run in an SR with the same mods.

Brad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:46 pm 
Quad T78

Risking wrote:
A CA with a T28 will not make 250Kw unless itsdoctored by the opperator. Which is not really hard to do

Very true evan the same car on the same dyno can make way different rwkw from one run to the next if you change the settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:52 pm 
T04 Hybrid

my opinion is what i give. i think people who diss ca18s are ignorant and dont know enough about them. theres too many factors as to why they die or why they dont pull as much power. and yes SR20 IS A MORE POWERFULL ENGINE GET OVER IT. it doesnt mean we need to stand fort and defend the all mighty sr. I OWN A SR20 and NOT a ca18. my opinion leads me to think ca18s are good engines as are sr20s repeat MY OPINION just as i think people who diss ca18 engines are ignorant. again MY OPINION.

by the way, why is it ur always the one trying to contradict me???? do u search for shadowR in ur spare time? hmm lets see what we can try to contradict today?!

take it easy dude. im just a 19 yr old who speaks his opinion openly. i mean nothing by it. i know nothing. i have no skills. u r better than me.

settled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:02 pm 
T04 Hybrid

[/quote]

Im can be extremely ignorant at times and ill admit it but that does not change the fact that CA's are rubbish.
If you were impressed by a CA running stock boost you really need to go for a run in an SR with the same mods.

Brad.[/quote]

ive taken near ownership of a mates S14 for a month with a FMIC full xhaust disco potato and microtech lt8. when i had it it was still a bushbearing turbo. i have driven the car since and it makes over 200rwkw. the near stock ca ive driven was somewhat more responsive. hitting boost at low rpms and pulling consistantly till redline. i find it more impressive to drive as theres more i can do with it on the street. im no race car driver. just a shitty p plater, theres only so much power i can use on the street.

my actions speak for themselves. you know im working an sr right now. aiming for 120 kwatw. thats all i care to use in a fwd street car. its all i feel it needs. ofcoarse your opinion differs from mine and in all your wisdom i respect that opinion.

if u think ca's are rubbish, good for u, i think thats an ignorant comment.

smile dude :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:03 pm 
Quad T78

shadowR wrote:
by the way, why is it ur always the one trying to contradict me???? do u search for shadowR in ur spare time? hmm lets see what we can try to contradict today?!

I'm not the only one that got the shits with what you said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:05 pm 
T04 Hybrid

but u r the only 1 that will reply negatively without fail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:08 pm 
Quad T78

I'm also not the only one that replyed negatively.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next