Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:28 am 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
well the power can be made, because it's a very strong engine, but there are limits to how much power a 2L engine will make and still remain drivable.
You get to a point where the car makes heaps more power, but is actually slower in almost all situations and is no fun to drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:09 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: machine
wise dumhed, he is the reason i'm going to put a t28 into my upcoming car, and not a T518z, let alone a gt30. "But, but but but.. you need 300kw!" what for? unnecessary bragging rights. The car would just be an extension of their ego. I'd much prefer knowing how to drive really well than having a 300kw car that would be determined by how much cash you have in your pocket instead of skill.

I now have a larger priority to actually learn how to drive properly than get on the roads suitable for various conditions because of DH.

Stroker kits can be left to the people with money pouring out of their assholes. Although I wouldn't mind being one of those people with money pouring out of their assholes, i'm not even rich enough to afford a car at this moment in time. Off to my mum's charadeMobile.

g'nite

thanks to mr DH, appreciate it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
too_much_boost wrote:
If 300 is the next 200, then what is the next 300?

400. just like it's 20" wheels now. why people go to such lengths to use their cars for an extension of the old 'my dick's bigger than yours' is beyond me,because that's all this crap is. noone NEEDS 300kw atw. it's just bragging rights. I've been in as well as driven silvias with 250kw atw,and believe me,that's more than enough for pretty much any application you can think of.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:42 am 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
even 250rwkw compromises bottom end drivability more than I like.

As a serious track car it'd be ok, but even then that extra 50rwkw doesn't equate to that much quicker lap times, especially for someone without a hell of a lot of experience.

Spending the extra dollars on really good tyres will make an all round faster car than going for an extra 50 or even 100rwkw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:21 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: None of your fucking business
so who has the biggest "E-wang" here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:13 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Quote:
As a serious track car it'd be ok, but even then that extra 50rwkw doesn't equate to that much quicker lap times, especially for someone without a hell of a lot of experience.

Put someone behind the wheel that actualy knows how to steer a car and the power will result in a quicker lap time as you say.
Most won't benifit from a hell of a lot more power, get a driver that has spent some time in a well set up car and its all a benifit no two ways about it. Getting the extra grunt to the ground properly is not as easy as some would think.

Hell id kill to see some of the self proclaimed "hot shot" drivers trying to punt a speed car around parramatta of goulburn speedway. It would be so friggin funny to see their faces when they realise shit im not as good as I claim to be. Some will say oh but thats on dirt, it doesn't matter, a slippery dirt track is not that different to driving in the rain on full noise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:19 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
the reason im after 300rwkw is because i was a previous owner of a 5.7 vs commodore gts producing 450rwkw...
owning and driving a v8 with thid much power and torque takes some skill..
second of all, going from a car with that much power and speed and jumping into somthing slower defeats the porpose of doing up another car.

im after 300 because when u do the power 2 weight ratio conversion with the 2 different cars it is pretty close 2 the same figures as my old car wich i dearly miss (stolen and burnt)

like i said b4 money doesnt phase me so for the person that was critisising me b4 anout having money, how about u manage yours abit better and u mite aswell be able 2 afford a car like u said instead of driving your mums charade..

lastly, handeling a 300rwkw 2l turbo is a easy task wen u get out of a car that weight aboiut 450kg`s heavier and has double the torque..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:08 am 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Each to their own I guess, if all your after is outright power then good luck, I trully hope you get what your after.

But these car aren't popular for making massive power, it's the way they take a corner, one thing your 2 Tonne V8, would never of of even experienced. Thats where their full potentiall lies and where the fun is at.

I know personally if I was after massive power, I would go for something like a skyline, should be able to make +300rwkw without spending a gazillon dollars.

A 4-500rwkw V8 would still be fairly drivable, even for a everyday car, where a 300rwkw 4 banger will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:11 am 
T28 Hybrid

i understand your point and appreciate it, its going 2 mainly be a wekend car.. b4 buying mine i drove my mates s14 and like u said, the handleing characheristics are completly opposite.. he was pulling 270 to 290 on various dynos, but like u said its not exactly streetable... but then again
lag can be fun if u like doing fishtails and big angles...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:09 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
if its just a weekend car, then its another story - if it has a very specific application, then many things can be sacrificed in order to achieve the goal.

its in a streetcar the application is VERY broad, and so you try to minimise the loss, and maximise gain, with as little sacrifice as possible

it sounds like your mate is running the same sort of power levels that your wanting to achieve, you could always just duplicate his setup... otherwise my previous recommendations stand a gt2835 or a 3037s, along with all other support mods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:47 pm 
T28 Hybrid

cheers dude, thanks 4 the advice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:30 pm 
T66 Hybrid

Car: Subaru Vortex XT Turbo
I have a shitload of fun driving a car with 60fwkw...Power aint all bitches!

-- DumHed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:12 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
DrDivad wrote:
I have a shitload of fun driving a car with 60fwkw...Power aint all bitches!

Nope, but when you take a corner at double the 'recommended speed', then punch it when you hit the apex and come out at a 45' angle at 120km/h - its rather good fun :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:37 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Quote:
Nope, but when you take a corner at double the 'recommended speed', then punch it when you hit the apex and come out at a 45' angle at 120km/h - its rather good fun

Some people have twisted ideas of drifting :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:13 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
He must have saw it on tv or the internet, cos thats the only way he would know about that

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php